5 lipsticks/glosses that look amazeballs on everyone (basically you need all of these right now)...
1. Urban Decay's Comfort Matte lipstick in 'Backtalk': This is, no doubt, THE perfect nude. It literally looks good on everyone I know who's tried it. Even the girls at Sephora told me its one of the most versatile nudes they carry (has a bit of a mauvey-pink undertone). I wear this more than any other lipstick I own and get a lot of compliments. It's definitely under the "nude" category, but has a little pop of color that won't take away from anything else, and it also looks great with a translucent or shimmery gloss over it. UD's lipsticks from the Comfort Matte line are great because they're super moisturizing and don't dry out my lips one bit. Also love that these lipsticks are only $17!
I'll give an honorable mention to UD's Satin Finish in 'Violate', as this is similar to 'Backtalk' but has a little more pigment of dusty purple and is a little less neutral. I'll wear this color when I want a bit more of a pop without it necessarily being a statement lip.
2. Kat Von D's Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in 'Lolita': One of my friends turned me on to this. She has olive skin and long, gorgeous dark hair (Hi Paige)! So when she recommended I try this product I thought for sure it would be too dark for my skin tone. But she insisted this shade looks good on EVERYONE and that I should just try it. Well, she was right. I wore hers that night and fell in love with it (literally went out and bought it the very next day). Not only is the color on point, but the best thing about this lipstick is that it stays put. For a really. long. time. Hence the name 'everlasting' I guess. This is another shade that I'll sometimes lighten up a bit with a shimmery gloss. Either way, it's pure gold. (I should mention that this will make your lips feel dry, which I believe is one of the reasons it stays on so effectively. If I'm not putting a gloss over it, I'll just top it with some clear chapstick). $20 at Sephora.
3. Sephora Collection Ultra Shine Lip Gel in 'Rose Petal' (#05): Pretty much every single one of my girlfriends has this gloss, so they can attest to the fact that this is a universally perfect gloss to own. Wear it by itself for a more natural look over a lipstick to alter the shade (only slightly). The best news is the price point on this one...only $12. You can thank me later.
4. Neutrogena Moistureshine Lip Soother Gloss: Any shade of this will do, b/c there really isn't much color, regardless of the shade you choose. I actually use this as my chapstick, but it's also good over top a lipstick to add a glossy shine. It has a cooling effect when you put it on your lips, which I love, PLUS it's SPF 20. I literally have half a dozen of these at all times; one for every bag, my nightstand, my car, etc. And it doesn't make you more addicted to chapstick like most chapsticks seem to do. I LOVE this product. A must-have!
5. This last one is a little off-base with the rest of my list, but everyone needs a true statement lip option, and this one is my absolute fave! I've had several of my friends try it on and, for some reason, it's just the perfect orange/red and seems to look good on everyone (maybe due to the yellow-y undertone), so I'm including it. Bobbi Brown's Luxe Lipstick in 'Atomic Orange'. It's definitely atomic and oh-so-orange, so the name suits it well. I've searched high and low for the perfect orange-red, and the buck stops here. This is the "one." Definitely more of a splurge product at $35, but it's super moisturizing and is infused with vitamins A, E and a peptide that plumps lips, supports natural collagen production, and helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It might not be for EVERYONE, but it's definitely worth a try next time you're browsing the makeup section at Bloomies or Neimans or Sephora. I've included some pictures of the shade on different skin tones below.
Well, that's it for my main squeezes (in lip color, anyway). Hope you enjoyed and found something fun to treat yourself with very soon. Hugs : )